Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 12: Painting and Printing reflections




As the Fall has progressed, I have wanted to do more techniques and concepts, especially with the 3rd and 4th graders. So this week I dabbled in our first painting project, with some printmaking concepts thrown in.






I had the kids fold their paper in half and paint a scene of trees or hills, or other things in the top half. As they worked I had them fold the paper down while the paint was wet and rub to achieve a monoprint that makes it look like a reflection. The wetter the paint the stronger the reflection is.



Most kids really got into this and got some relly nice landscapes. Several kids did some very nice abstracts as well. I was very impressed with the concentration and completion exhibited in this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment