Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spring Art 2009

Here are some of the things we did in K-2 during the Spring of 2009.




This was our second Self Portrait. We did one earlier with paint, but I wanted to show them something g diferent. Pencil and Charcoal.  They did a great job.




I saw the idea for making paper mache easter baskets with balloon forms in a book and thought that would be good. Let me tell you that paper mache is hard with just one child, but downright difficult with 18 kids under the age of 7.  I was surprised at how mess-adverse most of them were. Ironically the girls liked the squishy stuff much more than the boys!  I will put this kind of project alongside glitter and elmers glue in my "maybe once a year" file.  After three weeks, these did end up looking cute, especially after some paint and spray varnish.


To get some art history in, I did several projects relating to famous artists. We did a Mondrian abstract with lines and color shapes as well as a Seurat pointilism lesson. This drawing was in that class.




A real kid favorite were the God's Eyes I did for Cinco de Mayo.  I was very impressed with the patience that these young ones displayed with this craft.  In their thank-you note to me at the end of school, most said that this was their favorite project.

No comments:

Post a Comment